Tuesday, May 22, 2007

E-mails That I Want To, but Don't Send

See Conference Hook-Ups for reference



Hi Mark,

I realize there is a slight chance that you have been kidnapped by aliens in the last month since we saw each other in DC, but most likely, that is not the case. From my recollection, we had a good time hanging out together. I am wondering if there’s something I did or said to offend you, because I also recall that you said “I’ll call you tomorrow” but that was a month ago and my phone has not registered any calls from you. In fact, I’ve even deleted your number from my phone so I wouldn’t be tempted to call you. So, what’s up?

Cheers,

Michele

Hello Mark,

What the %$#@ is wrong with you? I believe you even asked yourself this question when we were hanging out in DC, because you were wondering why you haven’t bothered to keep in touch with me. I have been asking myself the exact same question (about you, that is) pretty much since we met three years ago. Three years.

Sincerely,

Michele

Hey Mark,

I realize that I am not perfect. I understand from a comment you made that you are looking for “perfection” in a woman. Now, that could mean that you are looking for the person who is perfect for you, or it could mean you are looking for perfection in general. I would just like to let you know that a)there is no such thing as perfection, b)you yourself are far, far from perfect and c) I am also nowhere near being perfect and, finally, sorry to burst your bubble but d) NO ONE is perfect.

Best regards,
Michele

Dear Mark,

In the event that you actually have been kidnapped by aliens, please disregard the above messages! I just want to let you know that in case they release you soon and you're able to get home and see this message, I am still available. Yes, I know - you might assume that in the last month I would have been snatched up by some other guy since I am such a great catch. So, if you are back on Earth, you can call me. Or text me. Whatever works for you. I really did delete your number, though, so I can't call you. Well, I could, because I could just look up your website and get your number there. But I won't. I am curious to hear about your period of captivity with the aliens. Maybe I'll do a write-up about it in my blog.

Hope you're well,

Michele