Thursday, February 28, 2008

Aussie Update

I was super excited when my Aussie guy invited me to his b-day party in Tahoe on March 8 but after I had a chance to calm down and think about it more realistically, I decided there was no way I could go. I don't want to spend a weekend in Tahoe with him as friends, and I don't want to take the risk of him being up there with a girlfriend or other romantic interest. That would be way too disappointing for me. I wasn't planning to contact him about it unless he bothered to follow up with me. Today he emailed me with a detailed invite. Bummed that I can't possibly go, I wrote back and told him I couldn't make it but that he and I would definitely have to get together for dinner in SF to celebrate our birthdays - he is one day older than me. Not too much later, he wrote me back and I was really surprised at what he wrote - he said "Darn it. I was looking forward to introducing you to the crew." I don't get it. Why would he say it like that - "introducing me"? He could've just said " too bad, you would've had a good time hanging out with my mates" or something to that extent. Well, who knows. The point is that I continue to be totally confused by this guy. He did say that we'll go out for a glass of wine and dinner, though, and that he's around next week. Guess the key will be to drink more like a bottle of wine and see if he loosens up a bit. Check back next week for another update in this boring, slow saga...

No comments: