Friday, February 8, 2008

Crazy

I try to remind myself to be grateful for my job. At least 75% of the time, it is a really cool job. But there are some very strange things going on and it bothers me. I guess no job is perfect, and I should try to be more positive, but I can't help complaining. I think it really is a weird situation. First of all, I report directly to someone who seems to do very little work other than telling me what to do. Secondly, the big boss's wife is often coming in to the office and giving me assignments and telling me what I've done wrong, or how I should do things differently. Nice. Third, there are a group of co-workers who seem bent on controlling everything that goes on, and they're taking over parts of my responsibilities and telling me what to do. And of course I do whatever the big boss wants, but he is the most reasonable of the bunch. Does anyone else work in a situation like this? Is this even within the realm of normalness?

No comments: