Monday, November 10, 2008

The Last Two Months

I realized tonight that R. moved to town two months ago, and that's when my life changed a bit...definitely for the better. I think the main difference is that I've had less time to myself, which takes some getting used to. But I don't mind, because I am pretty crazy about him and really enjoy having him around. I never would have thought I'd be dating a guy who is: from Alabama, a Republican, a gun owner, and an ex college football player. Who drives a huge Chevy truck AND rides a Harley. Doesn't exactly sound like my type! But, he is also adorable, sweet, generous, smart, thoughtful, adventurous, and pretty much up for whatever I want to do. Since he's arrived, we've done the following: spent a weekend in Tahoe with a bunch of my friends, gone camping in the Sierras with his brother's family, spent a fabulous weekend in Napa Valley with some of his other family members, gone to Apple Hill, went bowling, saw female mud-wrestling (it was a fundraiser!), attended a celebration for Taiwan's national day in SF, had cocktails at the Starlight Room overlooking SF at night, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh - and he convinced me to go for a ride on his bike. As in, motorcycle. I was scared to death but didn't want to admit it! Never again...I get heart palpitations just thinking about it! Crazy.

This guy is talking about future plans...like taking a trip together after Christmas, and planning a ski weekend for his birthday in January. I feel a little apprehensive about stuff like that, but I take it as a good sign that he plans on sticking around.

Thing that perhaps freaks me out the most - he purchased a toothbrush for me! That I can use when I'm at his place. I thought he was joking at first. He was over here last week and asked me if I had a toothbrush for him. I was like "...uh...", wondering if he was serious (he was!) and went to go find one. Sure enough, he did buy one for me. I've used it already. It's a "medium" and not a "soft" like I prefer, but I'm not complaining. I actually re-organized my medicine cabinet to make room for his toothbrush (the one I provided for him). Weird.

This blog might be a bit boring for a while, if I keep on just dating one guy!

No comments: