Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Number 100

When I was much younger, my friend and I wrote lists of the guys we'd kissed. Over the years, our lists both grew, but I could never hope to catch up with her. Until she met The One at age 24 and her list stopped. Yes! Victory was mine. In a surprising show of continuity, I've actually kept the list going. It's kind of fun to look back and see, for example, that I kissed 14 guys in 1993 (I'm estimating). Naturally, my numbers dwindled in the post-college years. There have been some long, long dry spells over the years, believe me. Sometimes, when I write down a new name, I sort of wonder "could this be the last guy on my list?"

I'm somewhat proud to announce that I broke the 3-digit barrier on Sunday night. I had plans with the Boytoy to hang out in his neck of the woods. I headed down to the Delta and arrived at his house (after getting lost) a little after 4 p.m. I brought my bike with me. It was super hot (for mid-April). He was nowhere to be found. I was somewhat dismayed that his sister was home, I was hoping to spend some alone time with him. But whatever. She said he was putting away the lawnmower. He came back and we got ready to head out on our bikes and meet up with his friends on the river. His friend has a pretty sweet boat and there were 6 or 7 people on the boat. I had never met any of them. One of the guys, who BT had also never met, asked me if we were engaged. Yikes! I laughed and said, no, we're friends. Funny.

We cruised around on the river for a while (a while too long for my taste) and BT showed off his wakeboarding skills (not bad, but a little shaky). He has a tattoo of his last name written in cursive across his left breast. His friends teased him...I'm sure he gets that a lot. We finally got off the boat at around 8 pm and we dropped off a couple of his friends because one of them had borrowed his truck. Then we stopped by to pick up our bikes. We went back to his house and started dinner. He barbecued a striped bass, that he had caught (just for me!) the day before. He also grilled asparagus and some potatoes. He opened a bottle of Zin (my favorite - and his, as well) and had classic rock playing through the satellite system. We finally sat down to eat at about 9:30 pm. Fabulous meal, good conversation. What more could I want? Oh - just to make out with the young hottie, that's all.

It was almost midnight (where did the time go??) and I said I should head out. I put my stuff together and he walked me outside. He got my bike from his truck and disassembled it and put it in the backseat of my car. It was gorgeous outside. It's completely dark and really, really quiet. The only sounds were crickets and frogs, and I could see tons of stars. His animals were hanging around - 3 dogs and 2 cats. One of the dogs, a Great Dane, was trying to chase one of the cats and that wasn't going over too well. BT had to discipline the dog and try to get another dog to quit barking. Comedy.

He gave me a hug goodbye and thanked me for coming over. I was a little disappointed - just a hug? Oh well. At least that was a sign that he only thought of me as a friend. No prob. But we kept talking, and we were both leaning against my car, next to each other. I moved over just a tad and was kind of touching his arm area with mine. Then he moved closed to me, and while we were talking, put his arm around me. He was sort of rubbing my side - nice. I hugged him again, and sort of lingered in the hug. He is pretty tall, so I had to make an effort to have my face anywhere near his. I pretty much gave him the opportunity to kiss me, which he did - thank goodness. I was standing as high on my tippy-toes as possible in order to keep kissing him - I was afraid I was going to lose my balance and fall over! The kissing was very nice - soft and sensual. Oh my. Serious chemistry. Uh oh. This continued for a little while - I dunno, a minute or two? Hard to estimate. Then I left...he said something like he would talk to me or see me soon. God I hope so. I had a huge smile on my face as I was driving home - totally giddy.

We e-mailed on Monday and I thanked him for dinner. I said I had a great time, and told him I would return the favor. He wrote back and said "glad I wasn't the only one" with regard to having a great time. I took that as positive. He called me this afternoon, I was at work and my phone was on mute. He left a message. I was ridiculously excited that he called. In his message, he said "hey pretty lady...". How cute. Of course, to him I am a lady. A "ma'am". Oh no! When we were eating dinner he asked me how old I was. He never knew...good thing he doesn't seem to mind.

I called him back tonight and we talked for about half an hour. Good stuff. No future plans were made, but I'm not worried about it. It'll happen. As for number 101? Yeah, that'll happen too.

No comments: