Thursday, April 16, 2009

Picnic

I talked to the Boytoy today to confirm we are on for Sunday - our bike ride and dinner. He wanted me to come over in the morning, since it's going to be "hot" - 85 degrees, please. That is mild for Sacramento. I told him I had a bridal shower luncheon and could be there at 3:30 pm at the earliest. He said he was planning a picnic. A picnic! How adorable. I said that he promised to make me dinner and I was holding him to it. I also asked him to let me know if he thought he might be in jail over the weekend, seeing as how last time we had dinner plans, he was in the joint. He was 50% certain that he would not be behind bars on Sunday. Good enough. Oh my gosh. I have NEVER fantasized about a guy the way I do about him. But I don't want a "relationship" with him...just meaningless physical activity. I told him we could still have a picnic for dinner, and he said, oh yeah, we can eat outside. I said eating outside is the same thing as a picnic. I'm right now picturing us sitting on a blanket in his backyard, surrounded by an orchard and looking at tons of stars above. And then spontaneously making out. Mmmm...

I went to dinner tonight with a bunch of old people from the conference I'm attending. I kind of regretted it but then the bill was taken care of so it worked out for the best. Lots of wine and I ordered clam chowder (we were at a touristy restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf here in Monterey) that was way too fattening, all I could taste was full-fat cream and butter - ugh. The Grgich Hills Zin was nice. Zin is my favorite wine. I told a random story about a nudist resort and I inadvertently practically yelled out "NUDIST RESORT" so everyone at the table could hear me. Oops. Apparently half the restaurant heard me too. The two pre-teen boys at the table next to ours were all ears. It was a total faux pas. Oh well, kids have to learn this stuff sometime. Good times for the parents. "Daddy, what's a NUDIST RESORT?"

I went for a walk this morning in a beautiful park near my hotel. Much to my horror, the park was full of homeless, scary looking men who looked like they wanted to rape and strangle me and leave me for dead in the wooded ravine below. Yikes. Fortunately I survived. I am getting used to living in this hotel. I love traveling for work, despite the scary morning hike. I do kind of miss Sebastian, though.

No comments: