Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Bachelor

I admit I am addicted to "The Bachelor" and enjoy nothing more than a short but sweet 6-season run of this reality show. I tuned in last night to the second episode of "The Bachelor: an Officer and a Gentleman" (I missed the first one) and was extremely disappointed. First of all, I don't think the Bachelor, Lt. Andy Baldwin, is all that. His head looks too big for his body, he looks short, and his teeth are eerily white. He doesn't come across like he should be on TV. I don't know. I'm not into him at all. Next, the women. They all seem really young and stupid. Maybe this was done on purpose - I don't know. It was painful to watch their conversations. Maybe this franchise has burned itself out, because I don't know how many more catty conversations the girls in the house can have about the girl out on the date before viewers (like me) tune out. Another thing, is it just me or are the girls not really that pretty? Sure, they are all attractive and cute girls, but I didn't see one girl who was really beautiful. The banter between Andy and the girls was pretty lame, too. Andy to Tiffany, during their "special quality time (how lame): "So, have you ever dated a doctor before?" Tiffany: "Yes." Andy: "How was it?" Tiffany (giggling): "Um, it was OK." Andy (desperately searching for intelligent conversation but finding none): "Have you ever dated a miliary guy before?" Tiffany: "No." With fascinating real-life dialogue like this, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not going to watch the rest of the season - a pure waste of my time. Not like TV in general isn't a waste of time, but this isn't even enjoyable - it's painful!

1 comment:

Blake said...

Alas, M., you are correct, this season of "The Bachelor" is coming up a little short of expectations (not that my expectations were high to begin with). However, I must say, I do like Andy as a person, particularly because he's not a slick Bachelor. Granted, he's not as entertaining to watch as a smarmy, platinum spoon-fed, ego-inflated Andrew Firestone, but that's part of Andy's appeal, he's more of a common guy. However, having said that, Andy's got a freakishly fit body that just doesn't look right. There's something screwy going on with his abdominal area. But back to the show, yeh, this season isn't impressing me. There's definitely a lack of drama, and like you said, M., there are a good number of attractive and cute girls, but no smoking hot ones!! The sad thing is that I'll keep watching, not because it's a good show, but merely because it's there.