Friday, April 6, 2007

Blind Date Deux

WHY do I bother wasting my time with blind dates?? I guess I hold onto that little glimmer of hope that the guy might be cute, interesting and smart. Apparently I'm hoping for too much! I met Mike at the Zinfandel Grille on Fair Oaks last night at 7:30 pm. I was early, so took a seat at the bar and ordered a glass of wine. He showed up and my reaction was "that's him??" Just being realistic and honest, he's not my type physically whatsoever. He's a short-ish, stocky Hispanic guy. Not bad looking per se, but not my idea of attractive by any means. He sat down and ordered a cocktail and I made my one glass of wine last for quite a while. Vital stats: he's 36, lives in an apartment in Roseville, and works as a project manager for a commercial real estate developer. He's originally from San Bernardino and went to UC Riverside. He got a girl pregnant when he was 17 and was "forced" to marry her and to join the military. They ended up having another kid before getting divorced. So now he has a 17 and an 18 year old. I didn't care about that, whatever. This guy and I just had absolutely nothing in common and while it was not excruciating to have to sit and talk with him for an hour, I think we both knew immediately that this was not going to lead to a second date. I just wish there were a way to quickly assess a situation and have an "out" right away, without being rude. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Cherann said...

Speed dating.

Cherann said...

If you do the speed dating, I'll fly up and do it with you.

For fun of course, not for real.