Monday, April 2, 2007

Derek, Part Trois

Hm, lately most of my adventures are taking place in the 415! I had my third date with Derek on Saturday, in SF. I was there hanging out with Carolyn and her friend Jill, who's from Oregon and had never been to SF before. We were shopping at Ambiance on Union St. and Derek came to pick me up. He had been running down on Marina Green - he's training to play on an Aussie rules football team. We went to his place so he could take a shower and change. We then headed off for Pacifica, to go hang out at the beach. It's a town just south of SF, on the coast. It was a nice, sunny day in SF, but unfortunately, cloud cover had come in at Pacifica. We turned around and went back to Ocean Beach. We got some some snacks and snuck a bottle of wine onto the beach. It was a gorgeous day to be out there, watching the kite surfers. Pretty cold and windy, but beautiful. After a while, we decided to go to Golden Gate Park to find Carolyn and Jill. They were laying in the grass outside the Conservatory of Flowers. We drank the rest of the wine and hung out, just having a lazy afternoon. I was sad to leave Derek...I said goodbye to him and headed with Carolyn and Jill to Haight Ashbury (where we couldn't find a parking spot, go figure) and then home to Sacramento. Not sure when I'll see Derek again. He has some friends coming to visit this weekend, so maybe the one after? In the meantime, I have another blind date on Thursday. Let's hope it goes better than the last one! Could anything be worse??

No comments: