Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Houses

I might buy a house soon! How exciting. And scary. I think I'm ready to take the plunge, though. Hopefully I'lll choose well and the place will be a good medium to long term investment. Funny thing about housebuying, everyone wants to give you advice. I kind of wish people would do this when we make other long-term, possibly life-changing decisions. When friends or family members get engaged to people we don't approve of, isn't it tempting to pull them aside and say "you know, maybe you should wait another 6 months or even a year! A lot of things can change in the market between now and then..." This might actually be a good idea! No, I appreciate the thoughtful advice from people who've been through the process, but ultimately when you find a place you really like, and you think it's a good deal, and you feel emotionally ready to buy a place, you just have to go for it. And not tell your friends and family :-)

No comments: