Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mini-Break

I remember Bridget Jones being excited at the prospect of taking a "mini-break" or weekend trip with her new guy - she saw it as a sign of the relationship becoming more serious and also as a way to know if it'll work out if you can actually survive a few days of being with someone 24-7. Before I left for China, I told B. that I wanted us to go somewhere and spend a weekend together when I got back. He's the one who followed up and made suggestions for where we could go. We decided on Tahoe and I booked a room in Stateline for Friday and Saturday. Weather may be crappy but I'm sure we'll figure out ways to stay amused.

So, people are pretty curious about this and as far as I know, no, we're not officially exclusive -- and if that topic is to come up in conversation, it'll have to be initiated by him and not me. I don't even know what's appropriate between adults who are 33 and 40 years old and dating. It seems unlikely that he's going to ask me to go steady, you know? Maybe these things are just assumed at some point. I dunno! Do I want him to be my b-friend? Maybe I don't know that either. I definitely don't want to share him, but that's different. Isn't it? In any event, I always have fun when I'm around him and I'm sure that'll be the case this weekend.

1 comment:

Cherann said...

So you haven't had the talk?

Maybe it will happen on the mini break