Sunday, November 4, 2007

House!

I’m taking the plunge and becoming a homeowner. I know, this was always one of my biggest fears – the ultimate commitment. But, I’ve thought about it and thought about it and I happened to find a place I really liked, and it just seemed like the right thing to do. I’m not even freaked out about it. Not a bit. I haven’t quite come to terms with the fact that this means I have to move out of my apartment, though. I have a lot of stuff and I don’t know that I want all of my crap to migrate with me to the new place. Doesn’t seem to be the best way to get a fresh start. If everything goes as planned, escrow will close around the middle of November, giving me plenty of time to move my things. I think it’s a whole mile and a half away, something like that. The house is actually a halfplex, which I learned is like a duplex except each half is independently owned. So, yes, some of the walls are shared, but I think the construction is such that noise won’t be a problem. The house was built in 1986, making it about 40 years newer than most of the homes in the neighborhood. It’s a 2-story stucco building, with no yard to speak of, which is fine by me. No lawn mowing! It has 2 bedrooms and one and a half baths. The home is very contemporary and has an urban loft feel to it. All of the walls are white and there are windows everywhere. There is dark gray carpet, a lot of tile, and hardwood floors in the bedrooms. I will be needing a roommate, but I’ve come to terms with that too. It’ll be worth it. Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!